Wednesday 19 May 2010

Two wheels

We popped out on the bike to get some embroidery supplies yesterday and ended up motorbike shopping! Jonathan is a bad influence I shall leave him at home next time. I have a free lesson on Saturday (there is a campaign to get people onto two wheels and off four, hence lots of centres are offering a free intro lesson: http://www.geton.co.uk/). The plan is to get my CBT (Certificate of basic training) then get a bike which I am allowed to ride on L-plates.

Three bike shops later and we narrowed the choices down to a Yamaha and a Honda:
Jonathan thought I looked good on the Yamaha (left) but I'm leaning towards the other one (right). They do100 miles to the gallon, £15 road tax, you can park for free and you don't get stuck in traffic!

We got to the embroidery supplies eventually about 3 hours later!

I'll let you know how the lesson goes...

No comments: