Thursday 28 January 2010

More embroidery training!

Been enjoying making stuff for my Etsy shop. It's nice to make small stuff that is creative and doesn't take hours! Made some egg cosys in needle felt and hand embroidery.

I am in the process of signing up for a distance learning course in Indian Embroidery which I am quite excited about although the joining process is a little convoluted. I've picked which technique I'm going to start with (mirror work, no suprise there!) and have returned the application form, now I just need to work out how to pay and they can send me all the stuff.

The school I will be learning with is Mridula's School of Embroidery and Fashion Design, based in Tamil Nadu in India. See more about them at: www.mridulas.com/. Can't wait to get going. See a piece of my mirror work below...



1 comment:

Joann said...

Hi Sarah.. did u get the books n materials from mridulas' school.. Are u able to understand it clearly??